Public Internet- Letter to:
Ms. Miriam Watson, Principal Procurator Fiscal Depute, Lockerbie Criminal Trial Team, EDINBURGH
Zurich, December 10, 2001
Subject: Investigation: Lockerbie-Affair
Dear Procurator Fiscal Ms. Watson
You had invited me, Edwin Bollier, to Dumfries for the week of September 13, 1999 for additional interrogation and viewing of the evidence (MST-13 timer-fragments, etc.). At the beginning you drew a diagram while explaining your official function to be that of representing the people and the Crown in search of the truth. Attending these meetings were your assistant Mr. Harvie and the translator Ms. Monique.
The Identification of this most important piece of evidence in the Lockerbie-case concerns an allegedly Lockerbie-recovered fragment of a MEBO-timer, type MST-13, that allegedly triggered the explosive (IED) in the PanAm-103 aircraft.
During day two, policemen carried the first segment of the MST-13 timer-fragment (PT/35b) for viewing and examination in your office. The second section (DP/31a) was then carried in on day 3!
Both MST-13-timer-segments (PT/35b and DP/31a) had been kept safe in well sealed glass-vials;- at least according to your explanation and the ones of the policemen, claiming that this vial-sealing was performed following the termination of the scientific police-examination for the court in the early nineties!
In order to allow me, Edwin Bollier and an additionally selected police-witness, Ms. Kathrin Thomson, an unobstructed examination of the timer-fragments, you, Ms. Watson then ordered the seal broken from the vials.
It was therefore easily possible to clearly identify the colors of both fragment-segments (PT/35b and DP/31a) to be green and brown. See: 2 extra police- reports by the Dumfries-police, dated September 16, 1999. Internet URL: http://www.mebocom-defilee.ch under Link.
In retrospective it might be easy today to find an answer to your refusal to hold to the promise that you had made only about two weeks prior to my Dumfries-visit in September of 1999, to also permit me to be accompanied by my lawyer Dr. Neupert or my associate W. Anthony Meli. With Mr. Meli being on location in Dumfries at that time, you then decided to not allow him to be present during the interrogation and the viewing of the fragments, because no neutral witness should be able to confirm whatever discussions and viewings took place during said week.
As you were able to learn in your sitting capacity as Procurator Fiscal during the trial-events at Kamp van Zeist, it was due to my persistence as scheduled witness that the two original MST-13-timer fragment-sections no. PT/35b and DP/31a had to be produced onto the witness-table for renewed examination.
I discovered at that time that these two timer-fragment-sections, which were in your possession prior to their dislocation to Kamp van Zeist, had once more been manipulated from the date of my visit in your Dumfries-office and my official appearance as a witness in Kamp van Zeist.
The larger one of the fragment-sections, the green-colored no. PT/35b made of 9-ply PC- board had been subjected to fire, rendering the green stop-lacquer dull. The other smaller fragment-section of 8-ply-PC-board and originally of brown color now presented itself as a carbonized black piece of evidence whose color and number of layers can no longer be viewed!
The Dumfries-police-reports of September 16, 1999 clearly list that the larger MST-13 Timer-fragment-section no. PT/35b to be from an industrially manufactured, one-sided green lacquered Thüring PC-board;-whereas the smaller brown and not laquered fragment-section no DP/31a originates from a handmade prototype PC-board. The both fragment-sections are thereforce from different PC-boards! It seems to be the reason for the radical burning-/carbonizing of the fragment-section DP/31a, that a comparison had to be prevented.
MEBO and I myself insist that you carry the full responsibilty for this criminal manipulation with key-pieces of evidence. The question that we place before you, the principal Procurator Fiscal Ms. M. Watson is:
- Have you at any time following the writing and signing of the official September 16, 1999-Dumfries police-records suggested and-/or ordered to have the vital MST-13 timer-fragment-sections PT/35b and DP/31a manipulated and altered in favor of the prosecution?
- Should you have to answer with "yes", we would like to learn the name and function of the official who had to perform the criminal manipulation.
- Should you have to answer with "no", then we would like to learn the identity and title of the official who accepted the de-sealed fragment-sections
mid-September of 1999.
- we would also like to learn the name and function of the officer who was responsible for these two key evidence fragments to be delivered to the court in Kamp van Zeist.
- have you actually ordered an investigation into the MST-13 timer-fragment situation following my declaration as a witness in Kamp van Zeist;- and more importantly: following receipt of the official complaint made to the Procurator via my attorney: Dr. D. Neupert ??? Are you in any way concerned with the fact that these fragment-sections have been severely manipulated between September 1999 and the actual trial-date???
MEBO and a wide audience are deeply interested and greatful for your reply at your earliest possible convenience.
MEBO INC. / Edwin Bollier
The MEBO Inc.-defence team and Edwin Bollier, VR